Lessons on business and life that I’ve learned in my short 20 years here, I’m in that sort of mood.
- Trust nobody but yourself. No matter what you think, there’s a little bit of devil in everyone. The bigger the issue, the less you should rely on other people to trust.
- In regards to business, think a long time about big decisions. Whether it be ethics, investments, cash flow, time, etc. Just sit down and think about it for a few days. Acting on impulse can lose you a lot of money.
- There’s always an excuse. Another trust issue I guess (can you tell I’m having them? lol). No matter how much somebody promises you something, there will always be an excuse out of it. When you go into something (business or life) be prepared for all excuses, no matter how lame they may be (because sometimes they can be very, very lame).
- Always take risks. 9 out of 10 times you’ll fall on your ass and it’ll hurt, but the 1 time you succeed you’ll forget about the other 9 times. Even if you fail, over time you’ll end up at the same place you would if you hadn’t taken the risk at all.
- Friends are important (as well as family), so make sure to have either. They can be the one to pull you out of a rut, stop you from losing money with a poor business decision, or just help you pick yourself back up.
- No matter how horrible you feel about having something bad out there happen to you, it happens to other people too. And they pick themselves back up and get back to life, so why shouldn’t you?
- Listen to music (actual music, not rap).
- Surround yourself with happy people, it really does rub off on you. Likewise, stay away from depressing and mopy people.
- If you think you know you’re at the bottom, know that the only way to go from here is up. Life and business have the same cycles I think. The cycle can be controlled though, and you alone determine how long you stay at the peak, and how long you stay in a recession.
- Don’t be afraid to be alone. Whether it’s quitting your dayjob or moving out by yourself, you’ll end up amazing yourself at what you alone can accomplish. It’ll always be a struggle in the beginning (ie quitting your job), but unless you truly think you’re horribly weak, you’ll notice that things will just start clicking. You’ll find a way.
- Understand that nobody will ever understand Google Adwords.
- There’s a 95% chance Facebook will disapprove your ad.
- I didn’t really lose 44lbs in 3 months with acai.
- Be crazy. Most successful people are.
- Never feel like you’re “settling”. We only get 1 life here, you should be taking advantage of every second you have.
- Never give up on something you truly believe in. Giving up is settling, and we don’t settle.
This post isn’t over yet. If you have a blog out there, MAKE A POST LIKE THIS. Share your experiences with everybody so they can learn from them. I’m only 20 so I still have a lot of life to get through and have plenty more to learn, so make a post and let me know what you’ve learned. Don’t have a blog? WordPress.org.
Don’t be a pussy either, it’s the internet nobody cares about you on here anyway. I’ll even blog about it and throw you a link if you do, so get your blog some traffic and make a post already.