So power goes a long way in affiliate marketing, and in any industry for that matter. But for the sake of this blog, we’re going to stick with affiliate marketing. Why does power go such a long way?
a) Connections. If you’re powerful, you’ll have good connections that can hook you up when you need something. Get you a whitelabel direct with a major advertiser, set you up with a programming genius, etc.
b) Connections with affiliate networks. Having power means having networks want you, bad. Exclusive offers, exclusive payouts, whitelabels, tracking, you name it.
c) Control. Build a following in an industry, tell it how it is, and band together to beat the man.
How do we attain such power?
- Start a blog. One way to start a solid following is through a blog…true story. Affiliate networks know I’m powerful because of this blog and my loyal readers. I’ll be honest about anything that happens to me, and if something is very sour I’ll be sure to let you guys know so the same doesn’t happen to you.
- Create a very useful product or service. It may be something like a subscription based affiliate tool or consulting business. Either will give you more power in this industry, because you’re controlling part of an affiliate user base. You’re creating a crowd that will listen to what you have to say and take your advice…that’s a powerful thing.
- Become a super affiliate. This one’s pretty simple and not as easy as it sounds. There’s PLENTY of millionaire affiliates out there who have no blog or product, and they’re powerful as hell. Do major volume with networks and you’ll have major power.
- Cut margins. Cutting margins means bidding more, seeing higher revenue but a lower profit margin. This will cut away at your profits, but may quadruple your revenue with the affiliate network. You’ll become more powerful and receive more benefits. Is it worth it? Well it depends on the situation, it’s a risk. Sometimes you’ll be better just sitting with the nice ROI, but sometimes it’s better to get the power, and then use those benefits to make even more profit.
- Attend events. Going to events like Affiliate Summit means meeting people, networking, and establishing connections. You can stumble upon some connections in high places and gain more power as a result. You don’t even have to be a super affiliate, you can make yourself seem like one without saying a word about it; just by how you act and talk to other people.
- Talk your way to the top. One way people get power is just by literally talking their way to the top. They can be some horrible affiliate that tells people they make $200k/month on their own private built offers that they’re “secretive” about, and people will think they’re powerful. This is a pretty retarded way to do business and I wouldn’t advice it, but trust me there’s a lot of bullshitters out there.
Alright enough of this jazz, go out there and be the king baby.